Have you always dreamed of writing a romance novel, but don’t know where to begin? Or are you partway through your manuscript, but somewhere between the witty banter and stolen kisses, you’ve realized your story’s just not shaping up the way you dreamed?
Whether your style is steamy or sweet, snappy or poignant, set in a big city or a small town, there’s room for you in the romance genre.
For this class, Emily Colin will give you the secrets to what draws readers in and keeps them turning pages until your characters’ happily-ever-after.
Emily is a New York Times bestselling author. She knows the process for getting an agent, landing a publishing contract, and selling an enormous number of books. This course gives you full access to her extensive wealth of knowledge and experience. Plus, you'll get extensive personal feedback on your writing, directly from Emily.
During this course, Emily will give you the tools and knowledge that allow you to position your book in the marketplace, keep readers glued to the page, and win over agents and publishers. All while honoring your vision as an author.
These are not the types of things they teach in typical writing classes -- but these are the things every successful writer eventually learns.
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn:
- How publishers will categorize your book – so you can meet their needs without making major revisions
- How to identify the right agent for your book (and avoid wasting time with the wrong ones)
- How to craft a query letter that gets you past the slush pile
- How to keep readers glued to every page of your book (from the opening pages to the very end)
- How to write heroes and heroines that your readers will love
- How to create an engaging plot that hits the right “beats”
- How to craft secondary characters that bring your story to life
- How to write romance scenes that drive the plot
- What you need to know when writing a romance series versus a single-title story
- Heat levels and how they relate to the genre & subgenre of your book
During this course, Emily will help you polish your book, and give you personal help getting it published. By the end of this course, you’ll be armed with a polished submission packet you can use to win over agents and publishers.
After the course is complete, you’ll be welcome to continue working with Emily during her live office hour sessions, so you can get the support you need as you move through the publishing process. (Free of charge.)
The course starts on January 16th and ends on February 10th. Everything is hosted online, via our digital learning platform.
The course includes weekly lessons you can complete on your own time, live office hours, and detailed feedback on your writing.
You’ll also get a full six months to submit your work for feedback from Emily, so you can work at a pace that is right for you.
Enrollment is strictly limited to just 22 writers. (No exceptions.) If you’re thinking about enrolling, I encourage you to do so right away.